You can have specific inquiries that come in as Answerbase questions transferred seamlessly into your support ticket software (Zendesk, Freshdesk, or other) so they can be managed as a ticket as opposed to a Q&A thread on Answerbase. If you don't see this feature within your administration area when answering questions, please contact Answerbase to see if you're on a plan that supports this capability.
Answerbase manages this connection through Zapier, which connects thousands of different applications to ensure relevant content and data flows smoothly across platforms to accomplish the desired business goal. For example, if you're using Zendesk....an Answerbase question that you decide to manage through your helpdesk will be sent through this chain:
Answerbase > Zapier > Zendesk
Zapier supports most of the major helpdesk platforms, and Answebase is also connected with Zapier to make this connection possible and easy to setup.
Here are the steps you can take to manage this setup:
- Signup for a free Zapier account, and submit a support request to Answerbase in order to gain access to our Zapier API.
- Choose the option to "Make a Zap" in Zapier.
- Select Answerbase as the app you'll be getting data from
- Authenticate using the instruction and information requested in Zapier that you'll find available under "Integration > API" in your Answerbase admin area.
- Select the trigger event of "New Support Ticket Question"
- Select your Support Ticket platform (Freshdesk, Zendesk, etc.)
- Authenticate to your account with the Support Ticket platform.
- Choose action event of "Create a New Ticket" (or however they label it)
- Your Support Ticket Platform may give you an option to customize the ticket and insert Answerbase-provided data.
- Save your Zap
On the Answerbase platform when you're viewing a question in the administration site...you'll see an option to "Send to your Support Ticket Software". Run a test and give the Zap 5 minutes to send things through, and confirm if you've received the ticket.
If you have any questions or need assistance, contact Answerbase Support.