You can have new users who engage with your Answerbase be provided the opportunity to subscribe to your promotional email lists. You can enable that option under "System Settings > Login & Registration" within your administration area.
Once you have users subscribing, you can have those subscribers automatically added to your subscription lists on other 3rd party email services like Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Listrak, and many more.
Answerbase manages this connection through Zapier, which connects thousands of different applications to ensure relevant content and data flows smoothly across platforms to accomplish the desired business goal. For example, if you're using Mail Chimp....an user who enagages your Answerbase and decides to opt into your email marketing campaigns can be transfered to your email marketing service through this chain:Answerbase > Zapier > Mail Chimp
Zapier supports most of the major email marketing services, and Answebase is also connected with Zapier to make this connection possible and easy to setup.
Here are the steps you can take to manage this setup:
- Signup for a free Zapier account, and submit a support request to Answerbase in order to gain access to our Zapier API.
- Choose the option to "Make a Zap" in Zapier.
- Select Answerbase as the app you'll be getting data from
- Authenticate using the instruction and information requested in Zapier that you'll find available under "Integration > API" in your Answerbase admin area.
- Select the trigger event of "New Email Subscription"
- Select your Support Ticket platform (Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Authenticate to your account with the email marketing platform.
- Choose action event of "Create a New Subscription" (or however they label it)
- Your Email Marketing Platform may give you an option to customize the subscriber and insert Answerbase-provided data.
- Save your Zap
On the Answerbase platform, test asking a question with a new user and check off on opting into your promotional emails. Give the Zap 5 minutes to send things through, and confirm that the new subscriber is successfully subscribed to your email marketing service.
If you have any questions or need assistance, contact Answerbase Support.