When you integrate the full featured Q&A widget into your product page to support product-specific questions and answers, you'll want to test the integration after it's done to make sure everything is working well.POSTING A TEST QUESTION
The first thing to do is get to a product page on your website and get to the Q&A widget placement where you can ask a question. Follow these steps:
- Write a simple test question, something like "Do you ship to Spain?" (or whatever you'd like) into the "Question Title" field
- Enter a test email address into the "Post as a Guest" email address option on the form.
Important Note: The email address you use for testing should not be the email address of the admin user, it should be a different/random email address that has not been inserted into the platform yet or that will cause a validation issue.
- Submit the Question
After following the above steps, for most customers the question will be submitted successfully so you can move to the next step. If you're having issues with getting the question submitted, here are a couple common errors or validations you may run into and how to solve them:
Typically you'll be able to post a question just fine, but if you run into any other scenarios please contact support and we'll make sure you're taken care of and can submit a test question.CHECKING THE TEST QUESTION
Once you've submitted your test question on your site, you want to log into your administration dashboard and check that you can see the question there. Right on the dashboard...you'll see a "Recently Posted" Section as seen here:
Right on top should be your test question, click into that test question to see the details.CONFIRM THE PRODUCT DATA ASSOCIATIONS
When you are viewing the question details for your test question, you'll want to look at the right column and make sure that the product information is showing accurately. It should look something like this:
Check the following related to the product association:
- Confirm if the Product Image is showing successfully
- Click the "Visit Your Product Page" link and make sure it gets to your product page effectively
- Confirm that the Product Title is accurate
- Confirm that the External ID and/or SKU are accurate for the product
The above items are important for the functioning of the platform, and you should confirm that they came through ok.DIAGNOSING COMMON ISSUES
If you check the details above and there are any issues, the easiest way to diagnose what went wrong is to go to your product details page on your site and double check the product parameters that you're passing into the widget.
When you're viewing your product page or page you're integrating into, press Ctrl+U on your keyboard and it will open a tab where you can view the page source. From there, do a "Ctrl+F" and search for "full-featured-widget"...which should bring you down to what is showing for the answerbase widget script. You need to make sure that the parameters are all represented that are required for an ecommerce site...so we can get the appropriate product information to create/update the product information on our end. Those parameters are these:
Those are the required parameters, and you can see more information of what they should contain here:https://help.answerbase.com/Article/2...
Although those are the required parameters, we do recommend that you pass us all of the following parameter values in order to get the most value out of product Q&A:
But....AT LEAST make sure the required parameters are added and populated according to the documentation.
The most common issues that arise (and how to fix them) are the following:
- IMAGE NOT DISPLAYING: If your product image isn't displaying effectively within the administration site, typically when you check the parameters on your product page you'll see that you're not giving a complete image URL as a value. You need to make sure the value that you pass into the parameter includes the "https://" and full URL. That will allow our platform to successfully retrieve the image and display it on our end.
- PRODUCT LINK NOT WORKING: If your product link isn't working within the administration site, typically when you check the parameters on your product page you'll see that you're not giving a complete product URL as a value. You need to make sure the value that you pass into the parameter includes the "https://" and full URL. That will allow our platform to successfully retrieve the image and display it on our end.
Fix any issues, clear your cache, refresh the product page....and then view the page source again to make sure those required parameters are being populated. If they are, you can go ahead and test posting a new question again and see if it's a successful test.